This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Spokes of a Wheel
I saw on the wiki that we have summaries for each Age of the Wheel. The 4th Age has been running through my mind lately, namely the relationships between Aes Sedai and Asha’man. Before I started plotting out a story I’d like to tell, I wanted to ask you all if any of you have written scenes in the 4th Age or if any of you have any thoughts as to what we might see in the 4th Age?

I was about to start digging through posts, but figured this would be more expedient.

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!
Don't think so. It'd essentially be post the books? I was toying with the stuff I wrote in the 3rd age to go post last battle but that was when I was writing by myself. Since that 3rd age and Merdyn/Vivienne's 3rd age would have to be different turnings of the wheel (being as they are from different WoT sites with different backgrounds) I don't see why you couldn't explore it how you'd like. Look forward to reading! I enjoy the past life stuff you post Smile
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |
I totally get that! The 4th Age stuff I’m thinking about would probably be with different characters, ones I will create for this idea. I intend on using Merdyn and Viv to explore immediate post LB life, but that probably won’t be for a time yet. What’s fun is that those two have become different characters since I brought them over here; Viv is a Red sister over on DM and Merdyn is much more happy go lucky and less slutty. LOL

But thank you ^_^ I wouldn’t mind doing a group past life scene, with or without Merdyn and Viv (for the record.)

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!
Always fun when chars evolve themselves!

A group past life thing sounds great.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
I might be into doing that. Jai is completely low key.
Only darkness shows you the light.

The idea I've got brewing is a faction of Aes Sedai and Asha'man pushing for a unification of the two Towers (in some form or another.) All for various reasons, but they all talk about the wonders of the AoL and the only way to reach those heights is for the two halves to work together once more. It's obviously not as simple as that, what with politics and age-old institutions, so they are met with their fair share of pitfalls and opposition... And that's about as far as I've gotten with that. I wouldn't mind doing a 2nd age story about the founding of the Hall of Servants, but I'd rather not touch early or mid 2nd age because of our main story's setting.

Other 4th age ideas brewing... The turning of the wheel to the 5th age (What if Seanchan fell to male channelers [assuming Mat and Tuon reunified the land] and they kicked off the God-King worship?) Shara (WTF are the nations to do with Shara after the LB? They sided with the Shadow, but they were also duped by Demandred. They were not a part of the Dragon's Peace. Do they get wiped out by the nations or do they try to continue on? Are they the reason we have God-kings in 5th age?) Steampunk (A fun twist on the future of the 4th age. We saw the beginnings of the rediscovery of steam technology in the 3rd age. We have channeling. You do the math... I'm only half serious.)

If any of these ideas tickle any of you, let me know, or if you've got some of your own.

(09-01-2021, 10:58 PM)Jay Carpenter Wrote: I might be into doing that. Jai is completely low key.

Low key, yeah... that's Jai... *grin*

Do you mean going post LB in the WT version of 3rd Age, or doing an alternate 3rd/4th age version of Jai that followed the timeline of the books and was set after the LB?

Aiden, I like the idea of a 4th age setting some time after the dust of the LB has settled and the Towers are evolving into whatever they become. I don't mind creating a 4th age version of one of my current FA chars or reimagining my old 3rd age ones into an alternate timeline for it.
Excellent. Let me tinker around a bit with Aiden’s fourth age persona and we can get something going ❤️

Our group was kinda 4th Age-ish anyway since our chars were set like ~30 years after the cleansing of the taint.... Timelines were something we kinda just winked and nodded then carried on doing whatever anyway. 

So Lyth, Kek, and Jai and Nyth could fairly easily morph into a 4th Age timeline. If it was 100 years after the cleansing and Dragon's Peace, that's another story... 

So how far after the cleansing/Dragon's peace/Last battle (lumping those events together since they were only ~1 year apart anyway), are you thinking, Aiden? 

In my head-canon, the 4th Age spanned many thousands of years... It was kinda like the equivalent of era in Hollywood with silent films - the technology and advancements are growing quickly but everyone is doing their own thing.. but the 5th Age, the age of gods, is like the golden era of hollywood. 

the 4th Age is prior to the foundation of the greek, egyptian, and hindu pantheons. It's the time when Randland, Shara, Seanchan, and the Aiel Waste, and Blight change drastically.. Maybe migration of the continents themselves... Now I'm just rambling... 

There could easily be 1000-3000 years in the 4th Age too.
Asc wrote this on the site years ago:
https://thefirstage.org/ages/

It breaks down each age.

I know that Connor Kent's bio has a story set in the early 6th Age that makes reference to the Age of Legends and the Dragon through myth. As I recall, Asc was leery about there being TOO overt a reference to the WOT characters and such back then (concern about the Jordan estate and all.) Completely understandable, so I tried to work within those parameters. To guess at how the legends of the 3rd age would look in the 6th age.
https://thefirstage.org/forums/thread-26...l#pid11386
This post broke the myth down:
https://thefirstage.org/forums/thread-26...l#pid11387

And Jaxen had a chart on the old site (before it was ported over) showing the periods for each pantheon. I thought it was very cool. MAybe it is still around here somewhere.

The idea is pretty awesome. The whole 4th age history is fun. There was quite a bit on the theoryland boards regarding Elayne's twins and that they were Calian and Shivan, heroes of the horn who heralded the new age.
https://www.theoryland.com/theories.php?...&theo=1608

Could be fun to speculate.