This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Wedding Bells
Emily looked in the mirror and smiled.  She couldn't believe today was here.  Everything had changed quickly.  And today she was marrying her best friend.

A knock came to the door, and Rachel entered, wearing her Maid of Honor dress.  Rachel has taken Ayden's place as her Maid of Honor.  And despite all the happiness, Emily couldn't help but miss her friend.

"You are so beautiful!" she said, running to give her sister a hug. "It's almost time. Are you ready?"

Emily sighed. "I've never been more ready for anything in my life." she said sincerely.  "This all just feels so right."

Rachel smiled and gave her sister a hug before letting Emily a hug and leading her to wear her grandfather waited.  "You're so beautiful!" her grandfather said before his face turned a little somber. "Please don't take this the wrong way, Em, but I'm sorry that I have to be the one to walk you down.  Your father would have been so proud of the woman you've become and the man you've chosen."

Emily smiled and wrapped him in a hug. "I know and I understand, but you can't make me cry yet." she said with slight smile.

Her grandfather laughed and pulled away to look at her. "Ready?"

Emily smiled broadly. "Let's get me married!"
Jared couldn't help but smile. He never really anticipated the excitement of getting married. Sure, he had wanted to get married, have kids, and the whole family thing, but he never had thought he would be so excited about it. Emily changed all of that. Hell - he hadn't even had a ring yet when he proposed. It just felt right.

A knock on his door pulled Jared out of his thoughts. Jared answered to find his father there, a big grin plastered on his face. "Almost time!" he said. "You really couldn't have picked a better woman. She's amazing."

Jared chuckled. "She is amazing - that's true, but I'm not sure I picked her. I never thought about fate much until I met her. It feels so ethereal."

His father laughed. "You're starting to sound like those alien crazies back home!"

"Maybe a little bit." Jared took a last look in the mirror. "Alright - let's do this."

Jared left the dressing room and waited outside the chapel. When he was given the signal, he entered and took his place to wait for his bride.
Jay was in the audience. It felt strange not wearing the Legion Premiere colors at Jared's damn wedding. If anything, he felt sheepish as he entered the chapel decked out in the formal uniform of the Dominions. A few people gave him the side-eye, which the only appropriate reaction was to smile, nod, and give a sarcastic-not-sarcastic howdy in his best American accent. Would have been more convincing if he was wearing a Stetson, but he enjoyed the looks of befuddlement anyway.

Vanders looked the part, Jay thought to himself, when the groom emerged, and he smiled a little for him. It was good someone got a happy ending.
Only darkness shows you the light.

[[ this is in the past for Cruz, so he's making an appearance so hopefully nothing too dramatic happens ]]

Emily was getting married. His mother had reminded him twenty three and a half times just yesterday that Emily was getting married. He wasn't that dense. he still went to class. He still was maintaining an A average even if he was missing classes. And he wouldn't ditch the wedding, he and Rachel were still seeing each other. Maybe. He hadn't talked to her in a while. They were both so busy.

He sat on the bride's side and looked around. There were lots of people, most of them he didn't know. He did see lots of big names and even recognized Jay Carpenter on the other side. The'd met once, it was a hell of a night that Methos concert. Fucking dead kids, and dead striga... or something. Though he couldn't for the life of you tell anything other than it was dead. He'd left Nox and Jay before then and only heard the story. But Jay and Nox, that had been another show in the morning. Another one he'd heard about from his mother. Boys will be boys Cruz supposed.

But now Emily was getting married. Which also made Cruz chuckle to himself though the people next to him glared at him. Ooops he laughed outloud. Emily was another of Nox's conquests... He really got around. Fucking asshole sometimes.

Cruz thought, Maybe I shouldn't have taken that pill. What if my mother showed up?
Kiriena sat and looked around. She was invited and had show up, even though she didn't know the couple well. Kiriena had been hired to do the floral arrangements for the wedding. Ms. Shale had been specific in what she wanted. White roses with red rose accents and an occasional pink thrown in. It was a typical order, but this batch looked far from typical. Although nerves were a constant on any order, Kiriena wasn't worried that Ms. Shale would like this. It was without a doubt, her best work.

As the groom entered, she noticed the red rose boutonniere attached to his tuxedo. Two small pink flowers accented it, and the flower seemed to gleam with life. She noticed the same on the best man and groomsmen as they entered with the maid of honor and bridesmaids. Their white corsages with pink accent flowers glowed in a similar way. This had been her first major order since setting up shop, and Kiriena had worked hard on it, often singing Pachelbel's Canon and the Wedding March as she did so. It was an odd habit maybe, but it made Kiriena happy.

Kiriena, seated on the bride's side, stood up as the Bridal March began and Ms. Shale entered. Kiriena's eyes moved to the bouquet. She had picked her best white and red roses for this. There was no flaw or imperfection on any petal. Only the best for the bride's most important day. Kiriena looked in vain to see if there was any sign of approval on Ms. Shale's face. Of course, the bride had only enough attention for one thing. The well dressed, attractive man at the front of the room.