This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Museums and Private Collections?
So something just struck me this morning as I perused books for a tabletop RPG my brother has. I seem to recall we had a master thief or two around. And there's magic in the world and stuffs. And it's all old and heralds back to past ages.

So shouldn't there be some interesting thingies that may be legit magical (Angreal, Ter'Angreal, stuff like that) that may be sitting in museums or in folks private collections all around the world? I mean, maybe Stonehenge is a massive Ter'Angreal of some sort (Portal Stones perhaps?). Maybe the heads of Easter Island are all stone-age replicas of a single one that's far older and still buried somewhere on the island? Or elsewhere, perhaps.

I've not had much coffee yet, so perhaps this is a thing that has already been discussed, but eh...figured I'd toss it up here now before I forget.
Yep. This has been talked about a lot. Where you been bro?

"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
Alrighty then. So how's about we start making a list of real world stuffs what could totally be featured in this setting?
Thumbs up. Jaxen has something in his place that he stole from the imperial treasury in Vienna and ended up keeping it for himself. He doesn't know what it is other than something he likes.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
Great idea, guys! I've posted many examples of real-world places or things that could harken to Ages past. Scan through our facebook or twitter account to find them.
The Vatican (and the Atharim) are likely to have some things, too.
If my hubby is playing on the laptop tomorrow I think I might pull my Twitter feed up and see. And maybe think up some cool uses.
The Atlas Obscura has a plethora of fascinating, obscure places around the world that will certainly spark your creative juices. Browse it for great ideas.