This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello
Hey guys.

I'm at work as normal but I will probably be in chat most evenings. I know you're all a world away and I can't offer any practical help (we don't have any toilet rolls in the shops here either anyway) but at an appropriate social distance allow me to get a little soppy (sorry not sorry). I figure some of us will be writing more and some less over the coming months, and although we are a writing community I've "known" some of you practically my entire adult life. I hope you all have wonderful support networks in your non-screen lives, however if you're worried and need to vent, or if you want distracting and to talk about anything other than the shit storm that is 2020, then I'm here. I'm making a concerted effort to actually keep my phone with me so that I am contactable for friends and family in isolation (those in at-risk categories here have been told to self-isolate for 3 months) so, timezone differences aside, I am around most of the time outside of chat. PM/facebook/email/whatever. If you don't have non-FA details and want them just ask.
I will second this! Most of ya'll know I'm in chat most all day. My evenings aren't always open for chatting - yesterday was one of them as we went out to lowes to get some parts to fix Kat's shower and some food and then it was late and I had a book to finish... Which isn't unusual I'm not on my computer at night.

I'm always a facebook message away too if you need, and If you need to talk really talk I can give you my cell but after 8pm CST my phone no longer rings as I'm in bed.

I can't help much but I can listen.

Stay safe!
Thanks Nox  Smile

They're now closing our branches as of tomorrow at 5pm. They haven't told staff yet what they want us to do but since I can't exactly work from home it looks like I'll have time on my hands, at least for the moment, until the bosses figure something out for us to do. So, yeah, can't sleep at silly o'clock? Check chat. You might find a Thal.  Tongue
lol or up at 4am like I am.
You are all so sweet.
You all are so awesome. Thank you. And I'll add my voice. I am normally in chat most of the work day, though lately I have been slammed at work helping my department shift to working at home. But I also am messenger and IG (ianohlander). And I usually log into chat in the evenings. And leave it on until bed. If you say my name I will get a notification.

I love this community. It saved my life. And I love you all dearly.

Hoping you all stay healthy and safe.
I'll be okay. Besides, I can always take up a career as a gigolo as back up.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
that's not practicing social distancing tho.... maybe a stripper online
(03-20-2020, 03:21 PM)Nox Wrote: that's not practicing social distancing tho.... maybe a stripper online

He can be a cam....guy?
(03-19-2020, 09:13 PM)Ascendancy Wrote: You are all so sweet.

You do mean in a suitably nefarious way, right? *flourishes cloak*