This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Two fun new monsters
Hey all. On a whim I invented two monsters. We will probably blame Kaelan for their creation once I get around to putting it in game. Or we can say that its something he's already done; maybe even back at his previous job before he came to Paragon so they can get established. Whichever you all think is best.

Nyxarach - a spider/human hybrid. They bear some physical resemblance to spiders, such as their white eyes with large sky-blue irises and black pupils, crusty skin and long nails. They have enhanced speed, agility and strength. Their vision is split into multiple lenses, but are generally near-sided. They are invulnerable to bullets and fire. They can regrow limbs if one is severed. Their bite can inject venom. Females have a second type of venom they can use to can change other humans into one of their species. They can create webs to wrap up their victims, which they slowly digest and consume. One victim can feed a Nyxarach for a month. They can only be killed by decapitation.

Fluugravien - a fly/human hybrid. They live in nests of communities held together by pods of goo. Everything they touch leaves a pheromone scent behind that only others of its species can track. Ultimately, they will form very large hives that if they swell beyond their food source, will begin to consume themselves until the survivors leave to form a new community. They can move very swiftly. Their hands are sticky. They are very strong. They cannot fly but they are agile and can jump or parkour over and around objects. They can be killed like any normal human.
Nightmare fuel 0_o
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |
I did plan on sleeping, you know. Spiders are not especially my favorite (any in my home face automatically death sentence, albeit without any hysteria ?)

This should be fun. How new are they? Where might they be found?
"Good and ill. 
We're like the wind, 
we blows both ways."
- Mad Sweeney, American Gods
I almost did a scorpion one, but I ran out of brain juice. That's my nightmare fuel.

Lets say new within the last 0-5 years. They will be generally out of sight, so parks, woods, underground, etc. The youngest among them will still be able to masquerade as human for at least a while.