This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome!
wow that was a while ago. WoTmania, sadly I only skimmed it, tho I loved their theory boards.
Quote:<dl>
<dt>Random Man</dt>
<dd>Jul 25 2013, 11:12 PM</dd>
</dl>
Hello everybody! Wow, what an exciting concept to create a story that bridges the gap between our age and the events described in the Wheel of Time. I started reading WOT in 1992. Been a long time on-and-off poster of several WOT message boards for the past 15 years (including WOTmania!) Just created my character Jon Little Bird, my avatar is his character's image (and probably just should have created an account with his name instead) Hindsight's 20-20 dontcha know.

I haven't participated in RP before but have been a long-time lurker in various RP thread. Very excited to make my foray here. I've done a lot of writing in the past, written two novels and a number of short stories (none published Sad) and worked as a newspaper journalist for six years. Very much excited to start writing again.

IRL I have made pizza for a living for the past seven years, isn't that awesome? I hope my work demands as a general manager and my duties as father and husband allow me to participate as fully as I want to in this adventure. Haven't had a hobby in quite awhile.

Well, that's all for now! Thanks for the welcome!
I used to be a manager at a pizza joint until I found out I was gonna be a mom and the long hours got a bit hectic! Welcome! I hope you enjoy, it seems we have a pretty likable bunch here!
Thanks everyone! @Thalia I have done so...can't believe I couldn't figure it out myself LOL...@Nadia yes it's long hours, and I just today found out I was being transfered soon, which promises to be more long hours, hopefully I will be here as frequently as I can. @Aria and Jaxen, it WAS a long time ago at WOTmania...wow. I had so much fun there being the self-appointed court bard 13 or so years back. I love writing, and love writing WOT more than even making pizza. Happy you love the new bio Jaxen. We should have lots of fun [Image: 1.png]

Disclaimer, my avatar is not me...just someone that fits my character lol.

Edited by Jon Little Bird, Jul 27 2013, 12:07 AM.
LOL! Yeah, all of the avatars here are intended to represent the character rather than the writer! *grin*
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |
lol! That was a silly thing for me to say. Just call me captain obvious I guess.
Since this seems to be the thread for introductions, I figured I'd join in [Image: 1.png] I've just finished figuring out how to update my profile and add avatars &amp;c. I have been doing RP for ages, and writing for ages, although have only combined the hobbies once in a Star Trek PBEM. I really enjoyed it, and this idea was so intriguing that I found I couldn't resist joining. I've not RPd by forum before, but I've used them for discussions so I think I'll get the hang of it reasonably quickly.
I've read WoT, and ripped open the Amazon box containing MoL the moment it was pushed through the door, and finished it about 4 days later (having intended to read no more than one chapter a day to make it last). In my time, I've been a librarian, a sailor and am now a data processor. I do Aikido, bellydance and I'm learning to sew. I'd like to be an author and have written 5 and 17-half books. Only 1 and 3 halves, I think, are worthy of continuing.
Like Jon Little Bird, my avatar fits my character - she's from a catalogue. I'm really looking forward to interacting with everyone here. [Image: 1.png]
Ahoy hoy and welcome aboard Aeva and Jon!

From a quick gander at your profiles, I think you'll both do just fine with this message-board RP thing. If'n youz be having any questions, feel free to ask, and don't hesitate to PM writers (or catch us in the Chat Room) if you want to link up with folks in an RP. Most of the time, folks are pretty open to anyone jumping in on threads, but if you're uncertain, just PM the writers and ask. Easy-peesy-lemon-squeezy

Looking forwards to seeing you both around the boards. I've probably mentioned this earlier in this very thread, but am just too blasted lazy to double-check, so I'll go ahead and say it again. I write both Hood and Drayson (an exceedingly rare thing for me, to have TWO characters on the go at the same time).
Welcome Aeva! About the books you've written, you know, if you put one and 3 halves together, you get 2 and 1/2 books! That's a great start to any aspiring literary career!

Thanks for the invite, Hood. I finally got my character to the point ready to interact with the world...wow that backstory took some time. But there's some neat worldbuilding stuff in there by design that hopefully other RPers may be able to have fun with too.
welcome ya'll. Can't wait to read ya'll in action hehe.
Got a lot of good bios happening! I'm also looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."