This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome!
Hello peoples.

Welcome to The First Age, and more specifically, to the non-obligatory OOC introductions and welcome thread! For members new and old *pokes various people into being social*

I'm one of a bunch of us who came from another Wheel of Time RP site, where I've been writing for... oh my gosh, a long time now. I have a feeling it must be close to ten years! [Image: 10.png] Anyhoo, here I write Thalia and also Teyha. I've been a Wheel of Time fan for a loooong time, but have not yet managed to finish the books (Shhhh! That's a secret!). Too little time and too much to read! I'll get there one day...

The OOC (out of character) boards are a good place to hang out while you're thinking up a character or waiting for approval from the Ascendancy. Most of us use the chat room too - feel free to drop in, no-one bites! [Image: 18.png]
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |
Dag nab it woman! Aren't you a librarian? Aren't you supposed to read like...all the time? Get to it already!

Ahoy hoy, I write Hood and Drayson here, and have wandered here from the same WoT RP site as Thalia here. Been writing there for...also a very long time? 12, 13 years maybe? I honestly can't remember any more. Anywho...

Welcome aboard! If'n youz be having questions, whether it be about how to get started, RPing in general, or about the setting here, feel free to ask.
Quote:<dl>
<dt>Drayson</dt>
<dd>Jul 21 2013, 09:14 AM</dd>
</dl>
Dag nab it woman! Aren't you a librarian? Aren't you supposed to read like...all the time? Get to it already!
Yes, see, but working at a library is all kinds of unfathomable temptation. That's the problem! I do read lots, which is how WoT ended up relegated to the tbr pile! Anyway, I did say shhh! (and it was in my best librarian voice, too)
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |
Hiyas!! I'mma Rune's mun! ^__^'

And I *have* read all the books! *Firm nod nod*

Ummmmm.... Yah thats it. i'mma not that interesting. *giggle*
Well, I wish I had seen this before I sent out all those PMs.

In any case, I'm new. I'm a red over at Dragonmount. New to the RP gig, but I've been writing for some amount of time. 7 years or something, I can't remember.
"She saw a flaring halo around his head, radiant in gold and blue. It shouted of glory and power to come"
"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it."
Somebody ask for social?!? Alright, you got it!

*fires up the hot-tub and cannonballs in*

As resident owner/operator of the official group hot-tub in a totally non-creepy way, *wave* Yo!

Uhh, I've written at lots of places over the years. Mostly fantasy or urban fantasy, never really did much with sci-fi or any other genre. Probably looking at ten or eleven years? maybe? Who knows. Most of that was writing incredibly bad stuff, therefore I try to block most of it from my memory. But you know, its about the road not the journey, or maybe getting back on the horse? No that's not right. *shrugs* Ehh, insert your favorite, pithy sagely quote and that's what I meant. *grin*

Later!

"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
Hottub!!!!!!!!!!! Where's my rubber duckie!?!?
Hiya. You can thank Dragonmount for my visit hehe. I love the concept. Not sure I have time to write but will attempt it. Been writing since I was a kid, horrible stuff in my opinion. But I'm a good plotter in most cases lol. Working on a bio, though I'm noticing a trend where the forum handle = the characters name is some way. This is not so much the case for me. Matalina the character died many years ago and I could not resurrect that character even if I wanted to hehe. Tho she does live on in spirit. And will kinda here too as it's the same base for all the characters I try to RP mostly because I love her.

I finished the books in February. I got stalled on CoT when my first daughter was born. Didn't pick it up till December or so of last year. And then I read all the rest in January to February. I had to finish and see the end.

So saying hi and rambling - I'm good at that.
I was stalled on CoT for years. And I definitely don't have a legit excuse like having had a kid. Someone toss some salt, do a warding dance, and light the candles on the altar--no kids in my future. Although I was close to clawing my face off, if that counts? That book was a rough one. What was after? Knife of Dreams? That one was hella lot better.

Oh yeah, hey hey!

Edited by Jaxen Marveet, Jul 23 2013, 12:33 PM.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
Yes it was much better back to Jordan's typical style from the earlier books. It was a good ending book for him to write, it brought back the I can't put the book down. Sad he couldn't finish it but such is life, I'm glad Brandon did a good job turning out the ending.