This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hello!
Hello! I'm a once and future WoT RPer who's done a little bit of RP in dragonmount. I ended up stumbling over here somehow and was convinced to give it a go by Aria. Just wanted to say hi to everyone, and maybe ask for a bit of advice. Any nuggets of wisdom for a newcomer?
Hey hey! Welcome! My only pearl of wisdom is to stay away from Number Two (also known as Hood) because he's a bit wacked in the brain pan. Aria is good people. She probably has good advice. Don't tell her I said that though. And everyone agrees that Jaxen is the best character here, *wink wink*. Ok maybe not everyone. But most people. Mostly me. Ok me. Hah.

On a more serious note. Uh everyone here is pretty nice. PM anyone and they'll be open to talking or planning a RP. Via PM or on the board. Chat is a good place too. Unlike a lot of boards I've been on, this one is really low drama and fun. People are typically open to doing new stuff.

If you need any help with writing a bio or making a char, people are good about that too.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
I won't tell her Jax... my lips are sealed [Image: 18.png]

Welcome again. Let us know if you need any help with that bio. I'm around in chat till 5pm CST.

- one of my many personalities (Aria/Nox/Dorian/Borovsky/Sierra - holy crap I'm down to 5!)
Hello! Thanks [Image: 1.png] I suppose what I'm struggling with is where to start. In Dragonmount it was fairly easy, because once you decided what kind of character you wanted (Aes Sedai, Wolfkin, etc) you could just make a back story and roleplay to "level up" etc. Here the lines seem a lot more blurred. I've been reading around and starting to get a vague idea of the kind of character I want to make. I was thinking a wilder guy who grew up in a more remote/poor area, so that he would avoid the atharim killing him for having the channeling-sickness. I've seen a few of the news posts, one about Theo Andlain running an underground channeling terrorist group, and the recent one where Ascendancy confirmed the existence of "magic". I figure either of those things can be draws for my hypothetical-character to make his way over to Moscow.

But what does he do once he's in Moscow? I could work with a magical terrorist, but is that plotline active? Are people RPing it? What sort of organizations are around (military, civilian, etc) that he would interact with/join? I know about the Atharim but as a channeler his main interactions with them would be running away, which doesn't make for too many fun rp opportunities. I want some sense of where he's going before I can think too much about where he came from, if that makes any sense.
lol. Not all Rps with the Atharim have to be about running away. Aria is Sentient, Nox and Tehya are reborn gods, Elyse is wolfkin all are Atharim.

There is no leveling up exactly here. Yes you can get stronger and more skilled here but there is no you must do this to get it. No ranks, no requirements. It's all about character development.

So you come to Moscow right now. You could jump directly into a few threads. Elias is currently at the Kremiln with a mob outside. Jaxen and Manix are Kalisiti (a not-a-strip club) drinking. If you want to be in danger Dane and Nox are in the tunnels killing things - lots of homeless/poor etc would be in the tunnels. Elyse is also in the tunnels for that matter.

Sierra is currently free - meaning you or I could start a thread and see where it went.

Marcus and Hood are out in the open too - though I think their thread is winding down.

As a former member of the RP at Dragonmount you will find that this is slightly different than rping there. All threads are considered open unless otherwise stated... meaning anyone can jump in at anytime and throw you for a loop. We don't level up - no training unless that's your thing. I think I've seen only a handful of people actually learning to new things through explicit instruction.

As a new channeler to Moscow being drawn by the news of magic, the protestors with Elias could be a very good place to start.

Several of our active members had characters are not doing anything at the moment so there are a few players to bring in. And I can bring in Dorian's son as PPC to help get you moving if you can't think of anything to do he'd be hanging around Moscow University.
Hello!

I write Thalia, Tehya, Oriena, Natalie, Soren and Asha. (stop killing off your characters, Aria - now I feel like I have too many!)

In making characters and what to do with them, with my reborn god characters I take some inspiration from the specific gods they used to be, and that informs some of the messes they get themselves into (or where I envision them going). Sometimes it also effects the way they interact with other characters, particularly if they once belonged to the same pantheon. I've always found it a good starting point.

As Aria said the rp here is very story-based. We do have some big plots (as well as stories that take place away from Moscow) but a lot of it is built up though character interaction and evolves naturally.

You don't have to travel to Moscow. You could just be there.

Off the top of my head, organisations that are either active or mentioned in active characters bios. Hood works for a security company (I can sort of remember what it's called but not enough to spell it off the top of my head Tongue). Drayson and some other characters are part of an undercover police force dealing with channelers and other monsters (or learning to). Tony (who has been pretty inactive but is still about *poke*) has been sheltering channelers. You could always have been experimented on by the Facility people (though would have to work out the details with Ascendancy.) There's also plenty of scope to make up your own stuff, if you chose.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |
I didn't kill off the last two thank you! Alex is an PPC and still around... Ayden is just disappearing hehe... sadly Aurora died *pouts* but great story from it! It gives me room to make more!

Yes Thalia said it - lots of room to make up your own stuff. A good deal of the plot lines are character created.

Hood works for Perva Security??? starts with a P.

Michael has his undergound army he's building for Asc too.
Well, okay [Image: 18.png]

Pervaya Linya was what I wanted to write, but I'm sure that's not entirely right. You're right, definitely does begin with P.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |
Pervaya Iiniya Securities (I had to look it up)

You were close Thal!
Alright excellent! I think I have a better handle on things now. Essentially, I have the skeleton of a character worked out (channeler, poor, running to Moscow because he doesn't have any other idea where to go to find other magic wielders) and then he can just kind of stumble onto all sorts of misadventures once he gets there, see where the road takes him. I'll start brainstorming some backstory then.

Also, I don't seem to be getting any sort of email notifications about thread responses. Is there a way to set that up?