This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Season 2
I noticed the same thing; giving a glow to men. I assumed because you can't visually describe 'a sense of menace' and for a show there needs to be a visual way to demonstrate. However that doesn't really explain that they havent mentioned the same thing among women. but then again maybe they havent had a need/reason yet. No big deal. The big thing from that scene was Logain being half-insane with grief and madness. 

Did you see the clip with the big sphere of saidin around rand as he channels with flecks of the taint woven in it? that was in the 'the time is now' video. I really liked that glimpse.
I guess he does say "I can see a glow" rather than "we", so it might be a talent related to Logain rather than something all channeling men can do. And brightness seems to be relative to strength from what he says. Perhaps they have adjusted Logain's tav'eren sensing talent then. Presumably Rand wasn't actually channeling during the parade either, so it's not directly like the women's glow in the books if that's what it is. I agree visualising the 'menace' might be a reason for the change.

Women in the show can't sense the ability in other women, I think they have said that after the surprise of Nyn's channeling to save everyone. And I guess the glow is redundant for women in that sense because as a viewer we can see the weaves anyway.

I just noticed that two of the arches are broken!

I did see the Time clip. I love those, they look really good. I also still really adore the soundtrack. The flecks of taint in saidin are a nice touch. Channeling looks much better.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |
I don't know if we can say that women in the show can't sense the ability in other women. I think we just don't know either way if that 'sisterly affection' persists. I bet the way that the seanchan find channelers will reveal the truth of it either way. 

In the books, Nyn had been channeling healing weaves as wisdom for some time, so she was sensed by Moiraine upon her arrival in the two rivers, but I thought in the show that her first bout of channeling was in Logain's cave, but I'm not sure if thats true or not. Nyn described a time when Egwene had that bone break fever and suddenly 'recovered' - which may have been Nyn healing her. When Moraine said she "suspected" Nyn was a channeler it could be based on stories about Nyn or an innate feeling of 'familiarity' she sensed in another channeler. Anyway there's no way to know either way. Or maybe they didn't actually care about these levels of 'rules' like we do - lol. 

I agree that Rand wasn't actively channeling during that scene, so maybe Logain was given Siuan's talent of 'seeing ta'vern' which is described as a glow that correlates with the strength of the ta'veren. But Logain seemed certain that he was sensing another channeler. so I suspect that instead that moment was a device to build some tension in the show.
I think the show people said somewhere in answer to a question that women couldn't sense other women in the show. However I have no clue where I read that. It was one of the few things that actually bugged me though. If I can find it I'll post a link.

I thought Logain could see taveren in the books too (either way he does see a glow around Rand when Rand is watching the procession in Caemlyn atop the wall). But I wonder if he is the only one who can "see" channelers in the show. He had that comment about the radiant sun in reaction to Nyn's channeling too, although they did give an explanation for that.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
oooooh I just saw the Arches scene released today. It was chilling!!!! It was exactly like I always imagined.
The arches scene is great.

Another little "Time" teaser this morning. I just noticed there are little scene stills in the coloured circle bits too. The marketing is really beautiful this time round.
The extra scene today was great! My heart was outright pounding at the end and my jaw dropped. LE GASP! In the best way.
Oh a glimpse of Elyas!

Is it Friday yet?
Elyas looks great!

Who is the blonde white cloak in that video???
I'm so happy to see the yellow eyes!

I think it's Dain (Jay Duffy)