This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Season 2
I am watching it as if it's NOT the story I love cause otherwise it might irk me too much. But I will have to listen to my husbands comments if he watches. I expect he will just to bitch.
Yeah. From Peaky Blinders to WoT. I knew that....but I was worried about spoiling so couched it as an "if" ? it seems to promise capturing that interesting aspect of TGH- lanfear acting like she needs Rands help.
"Good and ill. 
We're like the wind, 
we blows both ways."
- Mad Sweeney, American Gods
(07-19-2023, 06:21 PM)Mikhail Wrote: Since season 1 aired and I had time to process it, my like for it was greatly reduced. I found myself mostly not caring about season 2. I'd probably watch it out of trainwreck/morbid curiosity. But esp after having reread/reviewed the series over the last year, I had little hope they'd course correct.

The trailer is good. If it lives up to the promise and tells a balanced story, if it gets the characters and themes right, if it respects the source material (even though I 100% expect major changes), it may pull me back in.

But I am cautious about being excited or hopeful. In hindsight, my enjoyment of season 1 only got less and less as I had time to really analyze how I felt. I do not accept covid as the excuse because a lot of the problems were from the very start- including the black box mystery of who the dragon was. That mystery prevented any real characterization as it might have made it tol obvious who it was. Love triangles. Perrins wife. The incredibly  great but out of place AS warder story at a time when the series should have been fleshing out the main characters (in a short season, it was time they couldnt afford.)

I am afraid. The trailer looks great. Seeing Lanfear with Rand (if thats who it is- im holding her protectively in a way that reminded me of how she posed as Selene and needed his help) was amazing. A lot looks great about it. (Though can they please dirty things up? Make clothes/sets that looked lived in? The lived in universe feel George Lucas pioneered from the beginning?)

But I am choosing to be more guarded. I don't want a repeat of my season 1 experience.

But hopefully....

Now now, Mik. That's what a good old fashioned set of beer-goggles are for. We'll get you drunk enough you won't even be able to see anything but the page come to life before your very eyes. *grin. Stick with me, my friend. 

As for the rest, Selene and Rand were always hot together.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
Hehehe...yeah beer googles may help. Or maybe taking a shot after something happens that I dont like ;-)

or maybe I love it. maybe....
(07-19-2023, 10:47 PM)Rena Wrote: Hehehe...yeah beer googles may help. Or maybe taking a shot after something happens that I dont like ;-)

or maybe I love it. maybe....

I'm here for that all night long.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
Some how missed your comment, Nox. Yeah, it definitely was polarizing to some fans. And I get it. I was prepared to love it. The story is not the text or even the specific events, but the struggles and the peoples (tho specific events are definitely part of it- thinking of how the new spiderverse movie put it regarding pivotal moments.)

But I get the reaction because in some ways I felt the same. Probably why I can love the Harry Potter movies because I never read them. I don't compare then to anything but themselves.

:-)
"Good and ill. 
We're like the wind, 
we blows both ways."
So I read an interesting article in reference to the season 2 trailer- specifically Rand speaking to Logain about how to control the power. Obviously this is a big change as Rand and Logain meet later when Rand is in his full Dragon mode.

There was an interesting suggestion that perhaps in this iteration, Logain will be the one to guide Rand to learn the power as opposed to Asmodean. We already know the 13 forsaken are now 8. And the inability to learn the power is a real hurdle to overcome. Since the series (ostensibly) is going to be 8 seasons, it may not be good to wait until later for Rand to learn to control his power. But capturing a forsaken may eat up screen time (as cool.as it would be to actually *see* asmodean teaching rand- something i.gladly would have traded for the ridiculous circus plot line in the fires of heaven).

This may give them a way to.have Rand learn without that added complication.

I don't have problems with this. It is an inversion of Rand and Logains relationship. But frankly, that was weakly done at best as it was primarily in the slog and didn't get any kind of satisfying story beats. This could be far more interesting.

As I said, if they stay true to the characters, to the themes of the series write stories that focus on the people, and use their time wisely, I don't have an issue at all.

Was an interesting idea, anyway.
"Good and ill. 
We're like the wind, 
we blows both ways."
Looks like we have our Galad. Or I'm late to the game. 

Either way, the poll of the day, ladies and gents. Is he the most handsome man in the world? 

I mean, not bad. Wouldn't kick him out of the room.

I honestly don't even remember the girl. *Shrug
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
This article shows some costumes for season 2. I am such a sucker for costumes and these are stunning.

The explanation in the article goes on about symbolism and references to the books' description of clothing that looks spot on to me. The damane collar and sul'dam bracelet are amazing. And look at the freaky scary mask of the soldier standing behind the sul'dam.
(07-23-2023, 01:53 AM)Jaxen Marveet Wrote: Looks like we have our Galad. Or I'm late to the game. 

Either way, the poll of the day, ladies and gents. Is he the most handsome man in the world? 

I mean, not bad. Wouldn't kick him out of the room.

I honestly don't even remember the girl. *Shrug

He has a very chiselled face. I can totally see it.

Ascendancy Wrote:This article shows some costumes for season 2. I am such a sucker for costumes and these are stunning.

The explanation in the article goes on about symbolism and references to the books' description of clothing that looks spot on to me. The damane collar and sul'dam bracelet are amazing. And look at the freaky scary mask of the soldier standing behind the sul'dam.

Oh the costumes are beautiful *swoon*

I love the insight into the inspirations.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |