This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WOT 2nd Age Map
This is a link to cool fan-art map of the Age of Legends. I am really intrigued. Could we use this for the basis of anything? Loose inspiration?

https://www.deviantart.com/kemonokage/ar...-714338566
Oh, interesting! The Americas look pretty decimated...

And basically all of the steddings are around Russia?
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |
Those are a lot of shedding in the 'asia' region, aren't they? 
you can also see how the americas resemble proto-seanchan. I see they put the choedan Kal in the middle 'asia' and middle 'africa' landmasses, which makes me think that the greatest of the Breaking took places on that side of the world rather than in the 'seanchan' side. So if you imagine overlaying the breaking on top, you can kind of see how the world could be remapped into Randland, Aiel Waste, and Shara on the left and Seanchan on the right. It would require Africa to basically sink under the sea that becomes the Aryth Ocean. The land that is the 'Mediterranean Sea' to rise up and form the southern Randland countries (Tear, Illian, Mayene). 

Any ideas of how this could be used to our advantage? To predict some stuff that happens in the future? I was thinking this looks like the post-climate change worst case scenario maps where they show all the ocean levels rising. That could be triggered by WW3, nuclear winter, type things. Global volcanic eruptions destroying the ozone. Or triggered by mass channeler changes on the climate (like our own Bowl of Winds but in reverse).
I'll look at this more in depth later, but with Paaran Disen being in Italy and just north of the Vatican... Well, maybe we should play around with that locale a bit more - especially with Patricus and the current story line he's involved with. I'll take this moment to vocalize an idea i've been playing with... I've been going back into Anne Rice's world lately and I've been wanting to concoct a Talamasca-ish organization to introduce into our story. I've got my ideas, but their potential origin was as an offshoot of the Atharim. Looking at this map, however, makes me wonder if there isn't a secret order of psychic detectives from the Vatican that is the origin group that eventually goes on to establish the institute at Paaran Disen? I can message you about this on the side, Asc. I'm not married to the idea, but I've been thinking about it for a month or two now.

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!
(01-24-2023, 03:48 AM)Aiden Finnegan Wrote: I'll look at this more in depth later, but with Paaran Disen being in Italy and just north of the Vatican... Well, maybe we should play around with that locale a bit more - especially with Patricus and the current story line he's involved with. I'll take this moment to vocalize an idea i've been playing with... I've been going back into Anne Rice's world lately and I've been wanting to concoct a Talamasca-ish organization to introduce into our story. I've got my ideas, but their potential origin was as an offshoot of the Atharim. Looking at this map, however, makes me wonder if there isn't a secret order of psychic detectives from the Vatican that is the origin group that eventually goes on to establish the institute at Paaran Disen? I can message you about this on the side, Asc. I'm not married to the idea, but I've been thinking about it for a month or two now.
 this sounds really interesting.