This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Welcome!
Hi - I'm new here and my bio was just approved today. I'm not sure how I'm going to play him yet, but plan on putting an arrival in Moscow type thread sometime tomorrow.

Was invited here by Michael Vellas and looking forward to playing around [Image: 1.png]
Yeah, that's the hardest part of a brand new character. You never really know how they think/act till you actually start writing them, and by the time you come to grips on what they are, they've invariably changed from what you first pictured. That's part of the fun of it all though.
Hello everyone! It is an enormous pleasure to meet you all, and I am extremely excited about our future around here!

I began reading the Wheel of Time in 1997. I had been in the hospital for about a week with a strange illness and my brother lent me a copy of Eye of the World to read while I was laid up. I read up through Crown of Swords in a matter of weeks -- though I did have a lot of spare time on my hands.

In college in 2001 I joined my first forum RP. I played off and on in various genres / settings / fantasy / sci-fi / etc over the years, but I always stayed with that first group throughout all of it and was lucky enough to make great friends. And yes, I secretly hope this place will be around another 12 years and (warning, warning: sappy moment) hope to forge more friendships. (Told you it was coming *wink*).

By day I am a neuroscientist specializing in pain neurobiology and a physician (though I am not routinely seeing patients at the moment). I work at an academic research hospital and have ambitious career plans, but we'll see (don't worry, not as ambitious as Nikolai's). Got a significant other. No kids. Enjoy hiking, surfing, and long walks on the beach---Seriously. Actually I've never been surfing, and i'm rather afraid of the ocean, (won't go in past knee deep), but I like the idea of surfing! LOL

By evening, I hang out with you lot, try to throw dinner together (my go-to is canned sardines and bacon; though I actually can cook) and catch up on an episode of Million Dollar Listing: New York. Which sounds dorky, but is actually hilarious.

That's it!
Wow and you have time to do this. I am impressed.
I posted my first IC thread in the market...anyone is welcome to come in and meet him if you would be there :-)
Welcome aboard to uhh...lessee here...*checks list of new folks that haven't been welcomed aboard yet*

I'm going to go with everyone from Giovanni onward. So welcome aboard Orienna, Mr Regus fellow, and Claire. No welcomes for Tony. Because he's a drunken dirt bag. All sittin' on the couch drinkin' ...what, beer is it? Or vodka? Booze anyway. Why, surely that boy'll never amount to anything.

If'n any of the newly arrived have any questions, feel free to ask. Bit of a broken record speech, but eh, is handy to say from time to time. Folks are pretty open to collaborating on threads or even individual posts, so feel free to PM anyone, and of course, stopping into the Chatroom is always a great idea. All sorts of wacky hi jinks going on over there.
Hello and thank you for the welcome [Image: 1.png]
Hood, I protest that remark!

He may be a nobody be he certainly isn't a dru-

Well, at least it's cheap Vodka!

PS: I also write Mikey V, for anyone confused.
Hey all, nice to meet'cha! Great to see so many new and old faces. I thought I should probably stop in and say hi. Hi!

So I've been RPing awhile as well, ever since about 1999. I read my first WoT book about then and started off in chat rooms before graduating to message boards.

These days I'm a graphic designer at a big fancy nonprofit. I have a roommate, two cats and a lot of fun in the big city. I enjoy exploring many pursuits - sports games, baking, painting, knitting, sewing, video games, travel and, of course, reading and writing.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everyone, and your charries!

PS, the GM here is aMAZEing! We are all in very good hands. [Image: 1.png]