This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

The Future of the Wheel of Time...
According to Dragonmount.com's twitter, tune into the website on Wednesday for an announcement from Harriet about the future of the Wheel of Time.

So, what do we reckon it'll be?
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |
We can only hope for more books. But I'm not sure I'd want a movie or a tv series or something along those lines mostly because they won't meet expectations as much as I loved Harry Potter the books were still better and even the small deviations can sometimes change things drastically.

Watching Clarissa Clare's Shadowhunters on TV made me read the books, And there are so many deviations from that story that it makes me wonder how the story could go so off on the individual plot lines etc. There are only 6 books, I'm on the 5th of that particular series and there are still scenes from the TV series that have NO connection to the books at all. Maybe they are coming up in the 5th and 6th book but they weren't in the series of events that had played out that were in the books.

The Wheel of Time is so vibrant, they should just make a tangent world let some other author take a stab at the world, kinda like here... same rules, same setting just not what the original books centered on.
It'll be something lame. Like another crap RPG book or whatever.

But don't diss the HP movies bro! They're awesome. Or am I thinking of Twilight? Can't remember.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
HP was good, just saying that there were deviations, not many but there were some. Mostly for cinematical effect.

I didn't read twilight so can't help you there [Image: 18.png] Not sure I'm going to admit to watching the films either.
I have mixed feelings and tend to agree with Jax. Probably will be something like he said.

As for books, well, the Encyclopedia was a cynical cash-grab that had little of value (other than if you were interested in AS power levels...and the occasional backstory on some 2nd or 3rd tier characters.) I was glad that I only read it in the bookstore. I didn't expect answers to stuff that they've said would never be answered (like the lighting of the pipe). But I certainly expected more than a glossary (and organized far better too). Explanations for things that had been Rafo'd even after the last book had come out. Anyway...

Stories set in another age (like here at FA, as Aria said) could be cool. But somehow I doubt that.

I could hope that Red Eagle and Harriet worked out their differences after last year's WOT infomercial and somehow the WOT could become a series like GOT. Obviously, there's no way the story wouldn't have to be cut down (along with the cast). But it could be done well enough that it would be pretty awesome despite all that.

But that's banking on Red Eagle suddenly deciding to act in the best interests of WOT after however many years (going all the way back to the their delay of the excellent New Spring comics) of pissing all over the series and fan expectations in order to hold on to their rights.

Still, I'm curious.

Still I can hope.

(And I bet Aria still has her Team Edward posters up :p )
Nope... no damn sparkling vampires for me! I love the genre but really sparkling vampires????
The announcement:

The following is a press statement that has been approved by the studio involved in contract negotiations:

Update: Wanted to share with you exciting news about The Wheel of Time. Legal issues have been resolved. The Wheel of Time will become a cutting edge TV series! I couldn’t be more pleased. Look for the official announcement coming soon from a major studio —Harriet 
Be interesting to find out which studio. If it isn't a decent one, I probably won't be watching [Image: 18.png]
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
I had heard word that a Series will be made on a premium channel like Showtime. Similar in format as GoT on HBO.
So apparently the series will be an Amazon project.