This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Season 2
Behind the scenes sneak peek. The Aiel look awesome! I'm excited.

https://twitter.com/TheWheelOfTime/statu...YZ6Lg&s=19

ETA: apparently season 3 has been greenlit now, and there will be some new origin episodes released in August.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |
Some interesting answers in this too: https://www.wotseries.com/2022/07/21/raf...con-panel/

Coloured threads, longer episodes, the df social will happen, and a little bit of insight into some of the season 1 covid changes: 

Quote:Rafe: The thing I like the least was we originally had Egwene using the Wisdom skills she’d learned in the pilot from Nynaeve to help her after the channeling in Fal Dara. But last minute Covid changes on the day didn’t allow for the same amount of touching so it got switched and I [face melt emoji]
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
This is encouraging! I hope that Amazon gave them a bigger budget (colored weave threads indicate more money). 

I'm intrigued by the expansion of Moiraine and Lan's story - completely agree that they can't be benched for a season. 

Can't wait to see the Seanchan in all their glory.
Our first sneak peek at season 2 

I didnt watch the panel. There's some photos floating around of new Mat and Elayne in costume too.
Ooohh! I'd been seeing the recap (the quick 1 second scenes) but hadn't seen the season 2 preview that followed! I kept thinking that it was odd they were calling it a "recap and preview" but nothing showed season 2. I guess I just hadn't seen the full video!

Oh I'm so happy. That Seanchan lady is amazing. Those fingernails!!! Who is that going to be do you think? High Lady [what's her name?]?
Suroth? I would guess that too. The nails are amazing!

I've seen the panel now too but there wasn't much in the way of new info aside from that they are writing and casting for season 3. There were clips of Mat and Elayne but only for those there irl but I thought both actors seemed great, it's worth a watch just for that. It sounds like Liandrin has caught up with/captured Mat, I can't wait to see that dynamic haha.

I wondered if the lady covered in blood was our first glimpse of Lanfear? And I think we got a glimpse of the df social.
So apparently there are reports that they have begun filming season 3 this month.

Who knows when we are actually going to see anything for season 2 though, because none of the Origins episodes ever turned up. It's all kinda odd!
I found a quote from Rafe that said definitively it would be out 2023, he just didn't say when in 2023. There was a reference to delays being due to massive post-production (CGI) work, which I guess has to do with enhancing the improving the channeling visuals.

I also have an inkling that following the blowback from season 1, amazon/Rafe and co are taking extra time to kind of 'make up' for what was considered an underperformance from season 1. At least I hope that is part of the delay. I imagine that there is so much pressure to make season 2 be the proof of concept that the show will work.
There was a sneak peek of Verin in costume at the BAFTAs, she looks perfect!
I like how she has this ageless smooth look to her cheeks yet has bright white hair. The only thing bugging me is she's wearing her serpent ring on the middle finger of her left hand, which is where Accepted wear them! lol But technically Aes Sedai can wear them where ever they want. 

I was looking closely at the rings the other day and noticed that the serpent part seems separate from the jewel part, kind of like how an engagement ring with a big diamond fits into a more simple band to make one big ring. I bet accepted just get the snake and then when they raised to the shawl they get the second 'larger' part with the jewel to reflect their Ajah. Kind of a neat observation.