This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WOT on Prime
Glad he gets a pass as I know he was one you were unsure about Big Grin

His expression is just spot on for me. But I'm not really fussed about detail or costume being exact. Glad they kept the hadori though.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |
Yeah. I'm not fused about the minor details. But there are somethings that need to be there. The handori is one, and really sound be gray at the temples. I'm gonna say blue eyes but that could be just a projection and not a actual feature. Cause I don't remember the color of lan's eyes. Been a while since I read the books lol
*nods*

I think you're right that he had blue eyes. That and the grey temples don't bother me either way, since they are physical characteristics (not saying they aren't important obviously, just not to me) but the hadori is def significant for Lan's backstory.

The stone face was the thing for me, and I think Henney nails it Big Grin (hence the excitement lol)
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
I can deal with the missing details, but as a writer, I define specific features because they are what make the character who they are. It's more than just their words and actions, but in order to tell a character apart in your mind, they have those features. Which every artist out there renders because they are the ones the author gives you.

Things like Khalan's hair being blond in The Sword of Truth series is a HUGE deal, but in the TV show she's a brunette, and her hair isn't even LONG. I mean things like that matter. Cause it's actually important to the story.

But the little thing, his eyes I can deal with. And the man captured Lan well. I felt Lan in that snippet. And that's important.
*thumbs up* I never thought about it from that perspective. Story-centric or plot related things, yes. But not the whole-package kinda thing, especially from a writer perspective. That's interesting.
I get that. If in the movie of The First Age (wink), they cast Nikolai as a blonde with flowing hair, I'd be disturbed. Not that his dark, neatly styled hair is part of a larger plot, but its part of who he is. His personality is demonstrated in the way he arranges and meticulously keeps his hair. lol
exactly! Things like hair needs to be mostly right. Because you SEE it in every frame. You can't make out the color of someone's eyes on the small screen and it's not as big of an issue. There are defining features I could get away with not seeing if Nox were on screen. That have no plot bearing, but his hair and his eyeliner and painted nails are like a must have. The beard is a personality quirk that if he didn't have he'd been mildly freaking out about. his eyes I guess he could be blue eyes but it would irk me.
I was not sure about this Lan. but in character? Damn. it looks great.

Anyone else notice the hadori looks like it's going to fall off the second he bends down to put on his boots?
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
I have my instagram set to alert me whenever the official WoT account posts a story. Today I was notified of it twice, but by the time I got to their page, the story had been deleted.

I'm sure it's just a glitch, but I kept hoping they would drop something new today and 'give us the Fifth.'

*sigh*

Russian Dolls and Broken Gods, a new Fantasy novel by best-selling author, Aiden Finnegan, out this December! Preorder online and instore today!
(05-02-2021, 02:07 PM)Jaxen Marveet Wrote: I was not sure about this Lan. but in character? Damn. it looks great.  

Anyone else notice the hadori looks like it's going to fall off the second he bends down to put on his boots?

Haha, it looks a little high on his forehead maybe.

(05-06-2021, 12:24 AM)Aiden Finnegan Wrote: I have my instagram set to alert me whenever the official WoT account posts a story. Today I was notified of it twice, but by the time I got to their page, the story had been deleted.

I'm sure it's just a glitch, but I kept hoping they would drop something new today and 'give us the Fifth.'

*sigh*

Ah, that would have been a nice tip of the hat to fans.