This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Inspiration
What have you seen lately that inspires you and your writing?

I'll start with 25 Moments (note, it has automatic background music) - a nicely-done site giving a glimpse of the history of mutants, leading up to the newest X-Men movie, Days of Future Past.

Also, this Wheel of Time Fan Art Pinterest Board.

Edited by Takeo, Apr 12 2014, 11:23 AM.
Music. Strangely, Volbeat gets me in Jaxen's headspace.
"So?" said Loki impatiently.  "This isn't the first time the world has come to an end, and it won't be the last either."
Jaxen +
Loki +
+ Jole +
I also like to listen to music when i'm writing. Its always instrumental, however. And I have a playlist that I call "fantasy" that is a collection of movie and gaming soundtracks that I frequently use.

I call up a particular album when i'm in a certain mood. For instance for the "Perceptions" thread I listened to the Kingdom of Heaven soundtrack. (terrible movie, good music tho!).

Others on the playlist include Mass Effect, Unbreakable, Future World Music, Distant Worlds, compilation albums, etc.
My inspiration comes from ya'll. I do have a play list that make writing easier, but it's nothing more than my favorite music, or whatever I'm in the mood for.

Most ideas come from things all around me, mostly from those with whom I talk to regularly. Many a sleepless night comes with things start being inspiring lol.
This article was shared with us by Thalia-mun. (Thanks Thal!) and I found it very agreeable!

10 habits of highly creative people:

1. They get moving
2. They take naps
3. They daydream
4. They collaborate

5. They take risks
6. They make (and stick to) a routine
7. They explore
8. They pay attention
9. They forgive bad work
10. They take time to be alone

Number 4: DING DING DING!

I daydream a lot! Usually about plots. I also stick to a routine and have designated slots of time that I devote to writing. Which also plays into number nine, forgiving bad work. Because let's face it, most of what I write is awful, but I pick away at it until something decent emerges.

Which ones appeal to you?
By far collaboration is key for me, based on that list. Risks, explore, and the alone time is really important too. [Image: 1.png]

Music usually is a big inspiration but the more I think on it, Collaboration with others and being challenged in a creative way far outweighs most anything else. Assuming i'm interested. [Image: 1.png]
I normally listen to music when I write as well, but that's often to tune out distractions. Sometimes I'll use something character-centric for inspiration, sometimes I'll listen to lyricless stuff like Asc. Future World Music is one of my favourites too! Can't be doing with film or game soundtracks though, as I just associate them with their film or game. Pictures and art sometimes spark ideas. But mostly I get inspiration from reading, either books or stuff here.

As for the list, daydreaming definitely. Alone time, yeah. Collaboration, of course! And the getting moving one.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |
Kingdom of Heaven was awesome. Just... not the theatrical edition. Director's cut was great.