This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

WOT on Prime
On 23rd at 11am PT on the SDCC YouTube, Rafe will be sharing more details about the show.

Wonder if it will be the trailer and release date?
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
[Image: thal-banner-scaled.jpg]
 | Sothis Lethe Alethea | Miraseia |
Some weird news: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies...234981098/

Not connected to the amazon series at all. Something to do with Red Eagle (or whatever they were called). I thought Harriet had been quite clear about there being no spin offs etc after RJs death.
"Rivers are veins of the earth through which the lifeblood returns to the heart."
(07-13-2021, 02:03 PM)Thalia Wrote: Some weird news: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies...234981098/

Not connected to the amazon series at all. Something to do with Red Eagle (or whatever they were called). I thought Harriet had been quite clear about there being no spin offs etc after RJs death.

Yeah, and Red Eagle really sucked. They were the ones who screwed up the New Spring comic (not paying artists and such halfway through). On Dragonmount, RJ publicly said he wanted nothing more to do with them.

They were the ones who put out that stupid Billy Zane as Ishamael  made for TV version of the EotW prologue just to keep their movie rights. Harriet disparaged them and they sued for defamation and it went to arbitration or something. The deal looked like they would stay on as silent producers. I think they are listed as one of them for the Amazon series.

I wonder if the wording of their rights to make WOT films made a prequel series the only viable product they could control?

Hopefully, this goes no where. They seriously suck.
Yep. All the same reasons I am dubious too. I wondered the same thing about this being the only thing they could control after the settlement. From what I gather RJ was thoroughly screwed by the lawyer who managed the original selling of rights.

They have an executive producer credit on the TV show I think, no involvement beyond that. Or something like that.

Since Amazon appear to be gearing up for promo it definitely seems like another attempt at riding coattails.
(07-13-2021, 02:39 PM)Thalia Wrote: Yep. All the same reasons I am dubious too. I wondered the same thing about this being the only thing they could control after the settlement. From what I gather RJ was thoroughly screwed by the lawyer who managed the original selling of rights.

They have an executive producer credit on the TV show I think, no involvement beyond that. Or something like that.

Since Amazon appear to be gearing up for promo it definitely seems like another attempt at riding coattails.

Those guys are such a joke. They're lucky they have an EP credit. But they seem to be nothing but opportunists. Hopefully, fandom sentiment will make any of their treatments toxic. Amazon being what it is- as big as it is- a WOT spin off (not in harmony with harriet or rjs wishes) and the complete lack of source material- and having none written by any of team WOT- I would hope they'd view it as a dilution of their property. WOT is not public domain like little mermaid or cinderella.

Sadly, one way or another, those morons will make money off it all, whatever happens.
Armande Wrote:Those guys are such a joke. They're lucky they have an EP credit. But they seem to be nothing but opportunists. Hopefully, fandom sentiment will make any of their treatments toxic. Amazon being what it is- as big as it is- a WOT spin off (not in harmony with harriet or rjs wishes) and the complete lack of source material- and having none written by any of team WOT- I would hope they'd view it as a dilution of their property. WOT is not public domain like little mermaid or cinderella.

Sadly, one way or another, those morons will make money off it all, whatever happens.

Indeed. They must have retained some rights as well as the tv credit. I imagine they are hoping that if the show takes off Amazon will either choose to buy them out of whatever clause allows them to do this, or will be the studio to pick the script up.
Rafe Jenkins is at ComicCon tomorrow (Friday). Maybe we'll get some awesome reveals then.
Only darkness shows you the light.

Nov 2021 release date! 
Teaser poster has a way gate and channeling apparent on it. As well as Moiraine in full costume. 
8 seasons have been mapped out/planned by the director. 
Season 2 is already filming.
Next big reveal will be a character whose name starts with "El" - Elaida? Elayne? I assume it'll be Elayne since she hasn't been shown yet. Plus she features more in book 2. 

I'm pretty excited!

My only comment is Rand is kinda short lol.